To: "List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students" <photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, December 06, 2004 4:44 PM
Subject: lighting eyeglasses

I had a curious situation a couple weeks ago and am wondering if anyone
has a great solution to my problem.

I did a family portrait sitting in my studio with 7 adults, 2 of which
were eyeglass wearers. One's lenses were coated and showed virtually no
reflection of my softbox but one's glasses were not coated and no matter
where I put my light I had serious light reflection off his glasses.

In this situation, the eyeglass-wearing culprit was the dad...I shot him
alone as well as in a family group and no matter where I put him, how I
turned him or where I put the lights the reflections were unavoidable.

Is there a foolproof way to light a person wearing eyeglasses? Is there
a specific place the light(s) should be to avoid this problem in the
future?

Hints, tricks, tips and photos to demonstrate are all appreciated.
Lea

Lea Murphy
Whiny Dog Press www.whinydogpress.com