Re: lighting eyeglasses

Ever see the album cover for Frank Zappa'a "Strictly Commercial"?  the photographer used the reflection to make the picture...although, i'm certain the family would be deeply disappointed
http://www.shunn.net/bill/music/img/001235.jpg

enjoy...trevor cunningham

lea <lea@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I had a curious situation a couple weeks ago and am wondering if anyone
has a great solution to my problem.

I did a family portrait sitting in my studio with 7 adults, 2 of which
were eyeglass wearers. One's lenses were coated and showed virtually no
reflection of my softbox but one's glasses were not coated and no matter
where I put my light I had serious light reflection off his glasses.

In this situation, the eyeglass-wearing culprit was the dad...I shot him
alone as well as in a family group and no matter where I put him, how I
turned him or where I put the lights the reflections were unavoidable.

Is there a foolproof way to light a person wearing eyeglasses? Is there
a specific place the light(s) should be to avoid this problem in the
future?

Hints, tricks, tips and photos to demonstrate are all appreciated.
Lea

Lea Murphy
Whiny Dog Press www.whinydogpress.com

"The optimist believes this is the best of all possible worlds.
 The pessimist fears it's true"  - J Robert Oppenheimer

http://www.geocities.com/tr_cunningham

Do you Yahoo!?
The all-new My Yahoo! ? What will yours do?