Re: lighting eyeglasses

On Mon, 06 Dec 2004 18:44:02 -0600, lea <lea@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote/replied to:

>Is there a foolproof way to light a person wearing eyeglasses? Is there
>a specific place the light(s) should be to avoid this problem in the
>future?
>
>Hints, tricks, tips and photos to demonstrate are all appreciated.

Glasses with no glass is the best. What I hate even more than a bit of
reflection is the distortion.

However, likely he'd like to be seen with his own glasses style. Keep
the area reflected dark so nothing reflects. That likely would be the
area behind you. Move your fill or reflector further to the side. Put
your main light on the non reflected side.

--
Jim Davis, Nature Photography:
  http://jimdavis.oberro.com/