Review: PF Exhibits on 04 DEC 04

2004-12-04 kl. 16.11 skrev ADavidhazy:

The PhotoForum members' gallery/exhibit space was updated DEC 04 04. Authors
with work now on display at http://www.rit.edu/~andpph/gallery.html include:

Dan Mitchell - Waiting
Interesting composition. Can´t make up my mind about the red buoy: it makes the whole image work, and creates tension, but it is so dominant that it draws the eyes from what is, after all, the central subject.

Christopher Strevens - Even Escalators are beautiful in our town
Almost M C Escher; would have liked to see a little more of the lower escalator at the bottom of the picture.
"Comment: Pocket Digital - that's all you need." Agreed - for my personal kind of work. But how about the birders in the group?

Gregory david Stempel - Heidi
A cozy vessel with inviting lights; would like to get invited for a quiet rum... Here in Stockholm we have dozens of stationary, lived-in boats along our quays; I´m always jealous when passing.

Rich Mason -
More naval nights... an incredible feat to get sodium lighting look like this. Still, for that rum, I´d prefer the Heidi...

David Small - On the bus
IMHO, the best one this week, if not this year! Lots of character, good composition (too bad the hands aren´t all there, but I was taken to task for a similar omission last week...)
"Additional details: Wish I had one of those anti shake lenses". In this pic, I don´t miss it at all. There is a pleasing softness that helps the picture.

Jim Davis - Late Evening Fishing
Almost too good to be true.. Beautiful! Bet this subject was less likely to move suddenly than your feathered models.

Leslie Spurlock - Caring for Flood Victims
Another very good one! Good enough for a Life front page, even. Quiet, poignant, eye contact. In B/W, with a bit more theatrical lighting, it would have made Gene Smith proud.

Laurenz Bobke - Bird Protest
Very funny! I don´t miss that fill flash at all; this one preserves the mood much better.

In all, a very, very good crop, with at least two real jewels! Thank you all!

Per Öfverbeck http://foto.ofverbeck.se