RE: Call for entries

Marilyn,

I assume the show will be all media. Themed exhibits are tempting but
often as not just cause trouble if they are too specific.
People will submit anything especially to all media shows. One of our
group's more successful themed shows that comes to mind was "Animal
Instincts" where anything to do with critters was accepted. BTW we
generally use a curator rather than a "judge". A curator can make up
the rules to suit the kinds of work submitted.  Also he or she can
request art from people.

 Potential exhibitors need to know if there is a single juror (or
curator) or an exhibit committee. A committee is better because each
will have their particular expertise and guide the others.  There are
different considerations for calls for entries that go out beyond the
local pool of artists and if there is an entry fee. Some people will
not enter a show without prizes if there is an entry fee or they will
incur shipping costs.  Ribbons and such are rather "county fair"
exercises I think.  A purchase prize is a good way to involve a sponsor
and please an artist. It is generally understood that the art selected
is not "best in show."

AZ

Build a Lookaround!
The Lookaround Book, 2nd ed.