Re: PF Exhibits on 20 NOV 04

Thanks to all this week's reviewers.  It's feedback (good and bad)
that makes it worth submitting to the gallery [etomology: gall-ery (n)
"like gallows"?]

TEA SHOP, now at:
http://website.lineone.net/~wildimages/PF/orangery.jpg

TREVOR wrote
> Tea Shop
> Nice symmetry.  Too bad the door on the left wasn't open.
Mmmm ... understand your point re it breaking the symmetry but
personally I'm glad it was closed.  I like "almost symmetry" better
... perfect symmetry has too much redundancy.   The part of the image
I would change (may well change ;o) is the boy in blue who was stood
in the doorway behind the pram-pusher. Also, the woman's step was not
exactly where I wanted it: her rear foot is noot in the doorway.
However, another pace and she would have been too far (and mid-step
was not the effect I was after ;o(

>Reminds me of that green farm shot of the grain silos many galleries
ago.
Oh no, now that was good!
It was Rich Mason wasn't it?  He's one of the list's most talented.
Never confuse me with a real photographer ;o)

CHRIS
>The geometry in this shot is wonderful and portraid by the
photographer very
>well.  I like the plave and I've been there a few times but not
recently.
I'm not sure Kew is on the "Big Five" list for London.  For me though
it should be - but then I like quiet gardens.  It really is an oasis
of history (although it does now have the ubiquitous kids adventure
playground ;o(.  It's a full day out - not somewhere to be hurried ...

LAURENZ
>Teashop by Qkano/Bob Talbot:
My real name only confuses people: westeners find it easier to cope
with someone called "Bob"

>the human figures look like toys - almost a
>surrealist painting (I guess, Magritte would be happy)
I follwed your suggestion to look at some Magritte images on line:
fantastic stuff (wish I could afford one).  Not sure my pictures are
anywhere near that class.

>The background is just perfect.
*** This hit me for a second. What exactly is a background?  For me
the "subject" and "background" in pictures are equal.  That is, they
are both essential to the picture.  Maybe to a PJ, or someone
photographing aunt maud's party, only the people really matter (and
the background is just incidental clutter) ...
Background almost as a term places parts of the scene into a
subordinate role ... as photographers they should be foremost.

EMILY
>Bob's Tea House is wondrous.
Thanks Emily - short and sweet ;o)

Overheard in a corridoor at work yesterday:
"A 2 mega-pixel camera is equivalent to 35 mm quality ..."