Re: printing onto fabric

On Sun, 21 Nov 2004 12:12:02 -0500, "Emily L. Ferguson" <elf@xxxxxxxx>
wrote/replied to:

>I went out to Staples and bought a package of those iron-on inkjet
>transfer sheets.  They're pretty lame - they dull the color and
>stiffen the cloth, since one prints to a sheet of think tacky plastic
>on a carrier of paper and then use heat to make the plastic adhere to
>the cloth.
>
>Has anyone tried to put a piece of fabric through a consumer type
>Epson inkjet printer?  If you can get it to start, does the ink go
>right through and mess up everything?  Does the ink actually stain
>the cloth or sit on the surface?  Does the ink wash out?
>
>Any alternative ideas for how to get a picture onto fabric without
>learning how to do serigraphy or getting worked up about batiking?

I don't know what brand you bought, but the Epson Tshirt paper I got
recently was fabulous. It's not a wax like substance like the old
stuff, but a layer of plasic like material that really takes colour
well, and holds up under repeated washings.

Just make sure you follow the instructions very carefully.

Oh, and don't forget to reverse your image before printing!

Forget putting real fabric through a printer, ain't gonna happen.

--
Jim Davis, Nature Photography:
  http://jimdavis.oberro.com/