Re: PF Exhibits on 20 NOV 04 Postmodernism and ism as isms

My understanding of post modern . . .  etct.   1st there's photography; then
modern photography begins the historic time-line with a lens shutter for the
camera; post modern begins with ready made materials and therefore offers a
no-excuses consistency for the craft of photography.

I do absolutely not want to venture into a full-on arts consideration for
modernism, to post modernism.  I deferr to Sartre:  "Essays on Aesthetics."
By the same token, Qkano did a great job with the full-on arts consideration
on this list.

After making tons of pictures of our great American and dramatic European
mountains, and mountain sports; I'm about making pictures from a fixed point
of people within that point of view.

Edward Weston said . . . well, he said lots of things.

'nuf
Steve Shapiro, Carmel, CA