From: "Emily L. Ferguson" <elf@xxxxxxxx>
Sent: Nov 21, 2004 12:12 PM
To:
	List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students <photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: printing onto fabric

My best friend died three days ago and I'm making Tibetan Prayer
Flags for solace.

I went out to Staples and bought a package of those iron-on inkjet
transfer sheets.  They're pretty lame - they dull the color and
stiffen the cloth, since one prints to a sheet of think tacky plastic
on a carrier of paper and then use heat to make the plastic adhere to
the cloth.

Has anyone tried to put a piece of fabric through a consumer type
Epson inkjet printer?  If you can get it to start, does the ink go
right through and mess up everything?  Does the ink actually stain
the cloth or sit on the surface?  Does the ink wash out?

Any alternative ideas for how to get a picture onto fabric without
learning how to do serigraphy or getting worked up about batiking?

This is solace, not a new career!
--
Emily L. Ferguson
mailto:elf@xxxxxxxx