Re: dry mount tissue removal

----- Original Message -----
From: "Emily L. Ferguson" <elf@xxxxxxxx>
To: "List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students"
<photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, November 20, 2004 11:33
Subject: RE: dry mount tissue removal

: Well, I dunno.  What I've got is a print with some dry and some still
: sticky stick-um on it.  The actual sheet of drymount is no longer in
: evidence if it actually exists and isn't just a sheet of glue,
: anyway.  Never have known what the drymount stuff is made of.
:
: I don't think I want to soak the print in anything because I wouldn't
: want to risk that the sticky stuff would get into the soaking medium
: and around onto the face of the print.
:
: Now if the sticky stuff is actually just something like rubber cement
: applied unspeakably smoothly on the back of the print, how would one
: get that off?

you can soak (or wipe)that off with acetone without harm to RC or FB prints
:-)