Re: dry mount tissue removal

Emily, try a product called Un-du. It is an adhesive remover that works well for most adhesives and will not damage prints. Since RC doesn't really absorb the adhesive from the tissue it might work. It may require repeated soakings and scrapings but it just might do the trick. I use it frequently for other similar applications.
Don

Emily L. Ferguson wrote:
Well, I dunno. What I've got is a print with some dry and some still sticky stick-um on it. The actual sheet of drymount is no longer in evidence if it actually exists and isn't just a sheet of glue, anyway. Never have known what the drymount stuff is made of.

I don't think I want to soak the print in anything because I wouldn't want to risk that the sticky stuff would get into the soaking medium and around onto the face of the print.

Now if the sticky stuff is actually just something like rubber cement applied unspeakably smoothly on the back of the print, how would one get that off?

Don Roberts * Bittersweet Productions * Iowa City, IA
* *
Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter. -- Martin Luther King