Re: It's that time of the year

Marilyn <marilyn@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> It's the time of year when dinners, parties and events start
> happening. Whenever I receive an invitation - which makes me very
> happy that I was thought of - the invitation ends with ". . .and bring
> your camera."
>
> I always want to ask (but, of course, I don't) if they ask their
> accountats to bring their books, laywers to bring their cases to work
> on and interior decorators to work on decorating their homes during
> the party.
>
> To me a camera means work.   It would be nice to be asked to a
> function to just come, relax and enjoy myself.

It makes sense to me to encourage the local snapshot shooters to do
so, if you like the results.  If they've liked your results from
should take it as a compliment.  And still not bring your camera when
you aren't feeling like shooting photos.

(The difference between a pure snapshot shooter, serious amateur,
semi-pro, and actual full-time professional are far less obvious to
random human beings than they are to most of us, I think.)

>From my point of view it seems sad that you've gotten to a place where
a camera means work.