Re: It's that time of the year

----- Original Message ----- From: "Greg Fraser" <fraserg@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: "List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students" <photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, November 14, 2004 8:02 AM
Subject: Re: It's that time of the year

Hi Greg,

Ummm - you are putting me on, right? (But I like the idea, regardless {:-<)

Marilyn

Marilyn

Hi,

It's the time of year when dinners, parties and events start happening.
Whenever I receive an invitation - which makes me very happy that I was
thought of - the invitation ends with ". . .and bring your camera."

Marilyn

Ah, what you want to do is break that cycle. If you just don't show up
they'll assume you had a prior engagement. What I do is show up with a
camera that hangs on a strap around your neck. I have one made of blue and
white plastic in the shape of a polar bear. The back pops open on its own
but that just makes the shots more 'artsy' like shooting a Holga. I have a
good time at the host's expense and fire off a roll of 36 by shooting to my
left while talking to and looking at someone on my right etc. I scan the
negatives on a $10 Hewlett Packard flatbed scanner from eBay and print them
with a $12 Hewlett Packard printer from eBay onto some nice Xerox
photocopier paper. It didn't come with any ink so I use fruit juices
(raspberry, grape, apple) for ink. I love the look of the prints from this
printer. I love the look of the prints from this printer. They really say
'kiss my ass' in a unique way.
I pack them all up in an envelope 1/4 inch too small for the prints so they
need to be folded and I stick in a bill for materials, travel and a
substantial amount for emotion stress. Sure its a lot of work but quality
has its price.

Greg Fraser
"Things are never what they seem" - Vlad
http://home.golden.net/~fraserg