Re: Wildflower? Another day at the beach??

what type of set up did you use for the shot?  light
from above and some light in the back...looks
mysterious
--- Greg Fraser <fraserg@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The 'Another day at the beach' part is left over
> from my last submission and
> I actually shot this flower in my dining room which
> is at least 18km from
> the nearest beach.
>
> As for the flower's species, well I really don't
> know what it is. I bought a
> 30 cent bag of wild flower seed and planted it in my
> Ontario garden. The
> flower was about 2 or 3 feet high, has a very solid
> stem and originally had
> lavender petals. The center spikey part of the
> flower is very solid. These
> plants are quite common now in London, Ontario area
> gardens.
>
> Greg
>
> > Now, this flower of Mr. Fraser's  looks to me to
> be a prairie flower (even
> > if it's B&W) - a prairie coneflower, a species of
> Echinacaea...
> >
> > Just wonderin'....
> >
> > Tim!

=====

"The optimist believes this is the best of all possible worlds.
 The pessimist fears it's true"  - J Robert Oppenheimer

http://www.geocities.com/tr_cunningham