Re: the end is nayy...

Izzet wrote:
> This place is not the "gallery of the upmost fine arts", this is a
> photogallery for sharing and learning.

The gallery page he read:
"The PhotoForum Member's Exhibit Space is a non-juried space dedicated
to exhibit subscriber's work on a rotating basis. Subject matter is
wide ranging and similar to what one would find in a conventional fine
art gallery."
http://www.rit.edu/~andpph/gallery.html

In that sense I think only Gregory and Elisha's qualify.
Well, maybe Trevor's might be there (it's just not to my taste)

The PF home-page however adds:
"Constructive critiques of the work on display are encouraged."
http://www.rit.edu/~andpph/photoforum.html

The Submissions Guidance page just tells you how to submit but little
more.
http://www.rit.edu/~andpph/gallery-sub.html

In my recall the descriptions of what the gallery is for may have
changed over the years.  I've certainly put stuff in for a variety of
reasons. On the CRAP scale:
1) I think its flippin good. C+ R+ A+ and P+
2) It shows some technique I've been playing with. P?
3) It has a personal Reaction R++ but I don't know if that is just me
4) Just to be contoversial - to see if I can get the censor to work
(thinks of Lion, sheep ...)

> Anyhow, I prefer to have critiques that show the shortcomings than
to saying
> "very well done".

Interesting thought: place the onus of reading "constructive comment"
on the author rather than the reviewer ;o)
That needs a lot of pride to be swallowed ...

Bob