Re: Are your photos CRAP?

Dear Colleagues,

I'm certain the public would want Bob to SCRAP his idea, because it is certain that the STATEMENT comes first!

In fact, this is upheld by the fact that I prepare artist's statements long before I even shoot. This is a form of pre-visualisation.

Further supporting this is that (and this is evidenced by the images of Bob's series on photographing the phonograph while flashing the flat felt. Bob cannot deny that he previsualised this! One image is a statement in itself, cleferly documenting the exact use of flash, and the duration of the exposure.

He says one thing, but does another! Can we truely trust someone who hides thus behind a facade?

In direct competition I will use SPIN

S - Statement: I want to know everything, because clearly images without them are CRAP! (take the Mona Lisa for example)
P - PQRSTUVW Index: Because this tells people all they need to know about the visual aspects
I - I (me, myself): It's all about *me* I tell you! Me! Me! ME! Mwahahahaha!
N - Not really

Best,
UnBob

Bob Talbot wrote:

To clarify matters, in any future reviews I will be assessing images
in the PF gallery by four criteria, C, R, A and P.

C - Content: what is the photo of?  what is it's purpose
R - Reaction: what does the image say? what impact does it have?
A - Aesthetics: the artistic / compositional elements. What of the
photographer is in the image
P - Practice: the more  technical aspects of photographic technique.
Is it sharp? Is it well lit/exposed

Basically, if the weighted CRAP score is high, then, IMO, the photo is anything but crap and vice versa. Sadly, there is no room ion my book for the "Artist's statement" - sorry Mr unRosen ;o(

Bob