Re: the end is nigh

karl shah-jenner wrote:

the end is getting closer for small consumer digicams:

http://www.halifaxlive.com/samsung_camera_10212004_3932.php

Samsung Introduces First 5-Megapixel Camera Phone
October 21, 2004

Samsung is turning up the heat in the mobile camera phone market with the
introduction of the world's first mobile phone with a 5-megapixel camera
onboard. The SCH-S250, phone camera also doubles as a camcorder and its
92MB of onboard memory can store up to 100 minutes of video. Other features
include a built-in MP3 player, and Television function.

"Our development of a five-megapixel camera phone will boost the competitiveness of the South Korean mobile phone industry," said Samsung's president Lee Ki-Tae in a statement. Up to 25 high resolution photos can be saved on its internal memory.

Last year, Samsung introduced to world's first 1-magapixel phone camera,
and just 3 months ago, they introduced a 3.2-megapixel camera phone.
Samsung said the SCH-S250 performs as well as high-end digital cameras
thanks to its CCD, high-sensitivity flash and a shutter speed as fast as
1/1,000th of a second.

it's got a friggin flash too!

Uhhhhhh, can I call the local pizza place and order when I'm headed home from work?

Bob