RE: Approaching business owners

Marilyn,

I don't know if this has been mentioned RE drumming up business for your
artists.  Check with your local Interior design professional
organization. They should be aware of your gallery and know that they
can invite the artists or a representative to one of their meetings.
Or you could host a function for them.  They are good people to know.
It kills me to go into a business and see framed lithos when so many
local artists have good work.

Also, some towns have breakfast clubs where local business and service
organization people meet for city "booster" meetings. They also welcome
speakers. Our gallery has done "brown bag" lunch functions for the
downtown workers and business people.

Alan

Build a Lookaround!
The Lookaround Book, 2nd ed.