text help in Photoshop CS

I recently upgraded to Photoshop CS where I do a fair amount of layout
using text. I am having the darndest time solving a problem and hope
someone here can help. When I go to an existing file and click on the
text to edit it the proof marks (aka editing marks) come up; this is
showing up as black lines under all my text even though I don't have
underline turned on.

Can anyone tell me how to turn this feature off?

Thanks,
Lea

Lea Murphy
Whiny Dog Press www.whinydogpress.com