Re: dust on the sensor

Endlessly discussed on the yahoo 10D group.....  Busy, nospam, amateur group.

I set the camera to manual mode and the exposure time for 10 seconds or so, take the lens off, blow off the first spurt of propellant in the canned air, then hit the shutter release, and very gently from a distance of about 8" blow air across and around the sensor.

Good for until the next time you complete a shoot, sometimes less if you're in sandy or windy or humid places.

Generally I clean my sensor every time I download, and I only have one lens. The pros I worked next to this summer had three bodies, three lenses, never removed the lens from the body.
--
Emily L. Ferguson
mailto:elf@xxxxxxxx