Re: Suggestions and Recomendations needed

On Sat, 16 Oct 2004 17:58:26 -0500, lea <lea@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote/replied to:

>I can't recommend a flash meter other than to say mine is a Sekonic and
>it wasn't at all cheap. Others may know more about options for cheap
>ones than I do. A hunt on Ebay would likely give you some info.

How about the flash meter that comes free inside 'most' cameras?

Course with digital you can shoot and judge for yourself immediately.

EOS cameras have a FEL. Flash Exposure Lock mean you can take a flash
reading from your focus point and lock it.

Manual does not make the flash put out 100% of it's power as someone
suggested.

However, some good flashes do have a Manual setting where you can set
the flash for 100% or percentages thereof. This is what you need for
consistant shooting.

I would suggest to the original poster that he use two flashes. One
for main and one for background. Use a large reflector (piece of white
board or if lucky a wall) on the side opposite the main flash.

--
Jim Davis, Nature Photography:
  http://jimdavis.oberro.com/