Re: D70 funny sound

----- Original Message -----
From: "Elson T. Elizaga" <elson@xxxxxx>
To: "List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students"
<photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, October 11, 2004 12:23
Subject: D70 funny sound

: I just bought a D70 and noticed something strange about it. When I shake
: it horizontally, I hear something inside, like a tiny, loose screw,
: bumping repeatedly into something. It's audible even if your surrounding
: is noisy.

The D100's we had at TAFE made similar sounds - we had one fouling up
exposures when set to manual when the camera was held in portrait mode
which was repaired under warranty - the repairer explained that the noise
and the fault was caused by the sensor which determined which way the
camera was being held.  This sensor supposedly adjusts the exposure
according to portrait or landscape mode.

I liked that idea (not!) that in full manual the exposure was being altered
automatically by the camera!