Re: PF Exhibits on 10-02-04

>               Charles Siegel - France, June 2004
> Is that what our French friends are at...  Nice mono shot of some
kids
> playing(?) in the street.  I wonder what they are discussing ..
"Shall we go
> and mug that bloke with the camera... who does he think HE is? ...
Taking
> our photo....  That will be 200 Euro!

Many a true word is indeed spoken in jest.

Photographing passers by in France is, legally, not a good thing to
do.  Children, even streetwise little tikes like these, riskier still.

People have a right to privacy: taking that away is surely a bigger
crime than the "copyright" ones we all bemoan.

Did you ask thier permission?

>               Bob Talbot - 33 rpm
> Paper and pins --- its brilliant, I suppose you could calculate the
> exposure, let me see, about 30 degrees or 1/12 circle at 33.3 RPM 1
rev is
> 1/33.3 so time is 1/12*1/33.3 minutes or 1/8 sec. (?)

The camera was set to 1/6 (metered on grey card and exposure locked)
but Canon EOS does not stick to crude settings: it could easily be
longer than the 1/6 I recorded from the LCD screen.

My comment about shame it was not velvet: I wanted almost no
reflection from the black background.  As it is the felt was so
blotchy it spoiled my aim to look at intensity of "pintrails" vs
radius, and hence angular velocity.

Oh well, so much fun ... and I kept most of the data to myself ...
#