Re: PF Exhibits on 09-25-04

: This brings up an interesting topic for me. My ortho surgeon told me it
: would take about 6 months to see if my arm heals up in a usable way. The
: broken bones are not aligned correctly. If, after 6 months, I don't have
: adequate range of motion and lack of pain then they will perform surgery
: re-align the bones. Is this what happened to you? My wife has a very hard
: time understanding the logic of this and feels they should just dive in
with
: the knives now.

no, no!

let the body have a go first.  I had a double fracture of my leg with a bit
that rotated around inside slicing up all the muscles for two weeks because
the doctor said I had a torn muscle.. and told me to walk every day to
strengthen things.   a later x-ray revealed the extent of the damage and
the VERY red faced doctor discovered the bones had begun to knit at a funny
angle.  I was supposed to lose 15% mobility, but wonky bones or not, my leg
works fine - I don't limp and theres no pain whatsoever.

Rule 1. body gets to have a go first, then if it cocks things up the
doctors get to have their day inside me (no proctologist jokes please)