Re: PF Exhibits on 09-25-04

Greg,

Good to know that you decided to stick around PF for a little while still...
...-;)

We've all felt the cold breadth of the Great Mower come close to our neck at
one time or another and I hope we all still have many tricks left in our bag
to fool Her.
By the looks of the car remnants, you played your cards really well on this
one...
But don't EVER do that again, as my Mom would say!

Many, many moons ago, after many bloody hours in the OR and days in
intensive care and  hospitalization, I was able to convince the Great Mower
that roughly 9 months with a cast on a leg (including another surgery to
break the leg again) would be "just fine" with me. With a little practice, I
was able to run around town (and bars...) with a pair of crutches as if I
had been born that way.  The tough part came when I had to learn that one
can walk normally without a cast.

Greg said:
> Have you ever tried to focus a manual focus
> camera with only one useable hand? Unless you want to shoot everything at
> f22 and you find zone focusing good enough, your screwed.

I'm sure the next time you doctor checks your cast, he'll find a couple of
quick-release camera plates, clamps, flexible shutter release and other
Omnipod-type accessories (including beverage holder...) attached to it....
Alternatively, you could shift to the Pinhole list.  Here, there are no
batteries, no lens focusing knobs, no aperture setting rings, no viewfinder,
no TTL metering.  All you need is a piece of black electrical tape as a
shutter.  Have you considered turning your cast into a picture-making
contraption...

With very best wishes for a very quick and easy recovery,

Guy