Re: PHOTOFORUM digest 3547

Lea,

I've been using Elinchrom lights also. The 600S Style fan cooled monolights. Very fast recycle, 600 watt seconds power and consistent light quality. They also make a 300S version, a 1200S as well as less expensive models that are not fan cooled. I've been very happy with their performance over the last several years. Elinchrom is distributed in the US by Bogen so any Bogen dealer can order them. (I like supporting my local vendors). I think 3 of the 600S would just be over budget but the 300S would fit. For portrait work, I'm usually running these at about 1/4 to 1/2 of their power capabilities in medium softboxes or umbrellas.

Don

I'm in the market for new studio lights. I'm upgrading out of my current Novatron system which I really like for its simplicity but find has too slow a recycling time for my needs.

I'd like to go to monolights, I think. I may consider heads with a
separate power box if anyone can point me towards a good system.

--
Don Lintner
Graphics/Photo Program Manager