Re: Does Digital Rebel make for a good educational camera in your opinion?

It may not be worth much to you, but I found Steve's Digicams reviews,

http://www.steves-digicams.com/hardware_reviews.html,

useful to compare various models before I bought my 10D. You'll want the Digital SLR button. It does compare the Rebel with the 10D. I haven't used the raw function much because I only have Photoshop Elements. JPEG with an L lens is fine, but I'm not a "power user." I'm surprised that Canon or Nikon won't quote you a "deal" just to expose 800 students to their products.

Roger