Re: Simultaneously combining the novel with the familiar

>       this probably isn't worth responding to but since Qkano has
seen
> fit to respond to my plea for respect with a dig, I feel
> compelled....
It's your very arrogance that warranted the response.

> this list is
> supposed to be a forum for the free exchange of ideas....which
> includes the right to assess when enough is enough IMHO...
It also requires some self control: dissing a thread because YOU have
had enough of it is hardly promoting free exchange.  If YOU have had
enough, don't read it, don't respond.  That's pretty basic stuff and
does not provoke "retaliation"

> cracks like yours that I think materially deters the free exchange
of
> ideas on this list.....
Sorry, it takes two blah blah blah

for all the newbies and lurkers out there who
> are reluctant to post for fear of retaliation, your opinions are as
> valuable and valued as anyone elses...don't let stuff like this
> prevent you from joining in....
Oh right?

Really?

And if the newbie wanted to discuss film vs digital getting ganged up
on by a group of self-proclaimed censors who have decided that such
topics should be hounded off the forum?

As you said before
perhaps change the subject....
Have some respect for other people's threads: if you don't like them,
they don't interest you etc - leave them alone.  If no-one responds
they will die a natural death.

Bob (un-) Rosen