Re: Scanners - which one??

Cap'n Jimmy wrote:

At 8:35 -0400 9/1/04, Emily L. Ferguson wrote:

Best scanners at present for film are those dedicated to scanning film. And the best of the best are made by Nikon.

There are, however, alternatives to Nikon scanners just as good or, for certain applications, perhaps better. The Minolta Dimage Scan Elite 5400 comes to mind, perhaps because there's one sitting on my desk. Take a look at http://www.shutterbug.net/test_reports/1203sb_thenew/ Take your time and investigate the features of Nikon, Minolta and Canon as they apply to what you want to do before you decide. There is a wealth (sometimes I think too much) information on the web. Good luck.

Jim
Baja Oregon

And the Minolta DIMAGE SCAN DUAL 4 is pretty good - only 3200dpi, but a fair bit cheaper ...

Gary
--
Gary Lawton
http://www.garylawton.com <http://www.garylawton.com/>