RE: Be careful what you wish for!

Hi,

I just bought a Fuji 610 pocket digital camera with 6 Mpx which interpolates
to 12 Mpx because of the way Fuji does its overlapping pixels.  Almost as
good as 12 real Mpx.  After all the eye does the same as its primary
processing, so does our skin.

So I'm expecting to make some good 12"x16" images or even 20"x16".  (?)

And it fits in my pocket.

Actually it should be as good at a 100 ISO 35 mm film, I saw a calculation
somewhere that appeared to show that a 400 ISO 35mm film was matched by the
old 1 Mpx digital so a 100 ISO would be matched by a 4 Mpx film, so a 12 Mpx
camera has 3 times as many image points as a 100 ISO 35mm film. 100 ISO 35mm
will print up to 12"x16" so 12Mpx should be ok up to 20"x16"  (sqroot 3 x
12).

It can also be set to monochrome, but what that does to the pixels, I don't
know.

Does a digital image photographic capture device have to look like a camera?
Mine looks like a large cigarette box....

Chris,
http://www.chrisspages.co.uk
In Memory of Maia, a sad, sad story.