Re: Be careful what you wish for!

On Tue, 24 Aug 2004 10:40:01 +0100, wildimages@xxxxxxxxxxx
wrote/replied to:

>>You want resolution? Get into medium or large format.
>
>Jim
>
>One quick question:
>
>Do you believe that sharpening (/unsharp masking) improves resolution?
>
>If the answer is "yes" then we have different understandings of what is
>meant by resolution.

I tweak the unsharp mask to where the image looks best. I don't put
terms to it. I always did the same with film scans too.

I'm still amazed at my 10' by 15' Frontier print, made from a digital
image file less than 1000 pixels on the long side... try that with
film.

--
Jim Davis, Nature Photography
http://jimdavis.oberro.com/