Muybridge Re-enactment

We had to call off the rehearsal with four 10x8 cameras last Wednesday following the torrential rain of the previous few days.

The rehearsal has been rescheduled for next Wednesday with setting up at 14 00 at Ham Polo Ground  with the re-enactment at 15 00.

Experiments with Lorenzo on a bicycle, substituting for the mallet holding polo player, have gone well. The slightly assisted guillotine shutter in front of the lens is serving its purpose. Given the formula in the Woodbury 1890 Encyclopaedia of Photography,  we could have achieved a pin sharp image using six inch lenses but as we are prepared to compromise to some extent to ensure that the horse will fill  the frame, we are using 14 inch lenses.

People with a serious practical interest are welcome at the rehearsal (particularly those with wet collodion cameras). We would be grateful if people could spread the word for the great day itself which will be on Saturday 2 October from 1400 at Ham Polo ground. Students, colleges, museums, clubs, all are welcome. The event is to be televised.

Terry

Terry King FRPS

RPS Historical Group (Chairman)

www.hands-on-pictures.com/