Re: Acros 100 diafine

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bruce Weitzman" <bruce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students"
<photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, August 14, 2004 9:50 PM
Subject: Acros 100 diafine

> I'm about to develop 20 sheets of  4x5 Fuji Acros 100 in Diafine.  Does
> anyone know how many sheets I can safely develop at once?  I usually do
> 4 or 5 sheets at a time using hangers and tanks.  How long does it take
> to exhaust the developer?  I heard you can do a lot of film with one
> mix.

it depends on the dev Bruce, Rodinal can be diluted to minute concentrations
as no minimum amount of dev is needed per sheet, not the case with other
devs which DO have a minimum per square foot of film area.  As such there
will be a minimum volume for these other devs which may exceed your tank(s)
volume.

Check the 'Massive Development Chart" at www.digitaltruth.com for specs on
film and dev combinations if you need specifics.

personally I'd recommend rodinal at 1+50 or 1 + 100 for 4x5

karl