From: owner-photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:owner-photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of lea
Sent: Thursday, August 12, 2004 7:20 AM
To: List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students
Subject: model release question

Many model releases I've seen say something to the effect "in exchange
for consideration received I hereby give permission..."

What I'm wondering is if I HAVE to give something in exchange for using
their image?

Situations I'm considering are a child's portrait shoot, a pet shoot or
a wedding. Is it necessary to give something away to get a model
release?

Thanks for any light you may be able to shed on this.

Lea Murphy
Whiny Dog Press www.whinydogpress.com