HC-B

Like all of you, I was saddened to hear of HC-B's
passing.

There's no such thing as the greatest photographer of
the 20th century, of course.  But, if there were, it
might well be him.

It wouldn't seem possible to combine in a single image
elegance, grace, compassion, intellectual rigor, but
he did it time and again.

Sitting in this internet cafe in Cape Town, I can
easily call to mind--in detail--a couple dozen of his
photos.  That's how strong they are, in form and
content.

And I can call to mind how much they move me.

Hamba kahle, Henri.  Go well.

=====
J. Mason
Charlotteville, Virginia