Re: gallery this week

Jim kindly wrote:

>John Mason Soweto, South Africa, July 2004
>Now this is the shot of the week. Very nicely
>catpured, John.  Even without the person it would
>be a good shot.

(Blush)

Thanks much, Jim.  I'm here (South Africa) on a
research trip.  First time back since '98.

Along the way, I'm collecting images for use in the
classroom.  Few of my students have any idea what
South Africa or anywhere else on the continent
actually looks like.  Their ideas are dominated by
news photos of war, famine, etc.  Skyscrapers, fast
food joints, and cell phone ads are equally
representative.

--John

=====
J. Mason