Re: Pickin' brains

>Along with photographs of animals (the exhibit), I've made small (5X7) cards, each mounted on mat board.     Each card has a flap that lifts and reveals a fact or quotation about animals or nature inside.   The cards are sturdy and they will have to be mounted in some way so people can open them.

well it is a bit late, but here is 2 ideas:

1. will the cards bear the same pics as those mounted? that way the viewers will be able to connect images to stories and facts.

2. While brainstorming i was about doing roughly the same thing, with card sized images scattered on the gallery table. The painter friend of mine suggested that this would distract viewers from the bigger mounted photos

3. Nevertheless, he suggested making cards available with photos and contact details of mine as a coplimentary gift upon the guests' departure...Since - i believe - you will be promoting a cause also with this excibition, you can consider the alternative.

4. had not your cards had any data underneath, what i will do with my 5x7 small prints might be considered. I will PS my 5x7 small prints on film like frames (with perforations and lettering etc) and PS stich them together, then print them on plotter...that will make about 4 pieces of 1.5 yards long film-like print, then mount them twisted -or sort of-on a gallery corner, in a construction-art like object way.

anyway best luck with your efforts...i now discover how much time it takes to setup such an excibition!

cheers, kostas

http://www.mailbox.gr ÁðïêôÞóôå äùñåÜí ôï ìïíáäéêü óáò e-mail.
http://www.thesuperweb.gr Website ìå ÁóöáëÝò Controlpanel áðü 6 Euro êáé äþñï ôï domain óáò!