From: owner-photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Marilyn
Sent: 23 July 2004 17:46
To: List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students
Subject: Pickin' brains

Hi Fellow PhotoForum Members,

I will be having an exhibit in October and I could use some help with an idea I have.  I figured this would be the best place to pick brains.

Along with photographs of animals (the exhibit), I've made small (5X7) cards, each mounted on mat board.     Each card has a flap that lifts and reveals a fact or quotation about animals or nature inside.   The cards are sturdy and they will have to be mounted in some way so people can open them.

I don't want to put holes in the gallery walls to mount these cards, so  I'm trying to think of a way to mount the cards in  a grouping and on something that will stand alone - something like a "wall of quotations".   I'd like it to look classy, yet be simple to build and take down.  Whatever I do I'll most likely have to do it on my own.

These could also be mounted on something and placed on a table, but I like the idea of them being upright.

Any ideas?

Thank you in advance.

Marilyn