Re: Rule of Thirds (that leads us to Vasarely)

Now, having all the different negative formats in mind, I'd like to propose
that (1) for the sake of simplicity (and not having enough spare space in
hand) let us divide 6x6 negative roughly into 4 quadrants, but (2)
cylindrical panoramic one into 'dodeciles'.

What I mean -- there has to be a part of the picture, that human eye can hold
in one glimpse and here the quadrat is definitely different from any
rectangular format, not to speak about panos.

The direction of eye movements when watching a picture is simultaneously
defined by the natural (reflexive) forge and by the guiding elemetns of the
picture. If these do not match, the eye will wander 'aimlessly' while the
watcher feels uncomfortably.

Just think about Vasarely and all the other op-artists.

Peeter

PS: Already in fairy-tales the rule of 'thirds' was an important compositional
technique -- 3 sons and all this repetitive action, performed 3 times before
succeeded etc.