Re: printer recommendations?

I have to agree with Karl. I have been through three Epson printers and still use one with an MIS quadtone inkset for black & white printing. My Canon i950 is absolutely fantastic for color printing and with Canon or Ilford Galerie papers, results are incredible!
Ilford Galerie paper is available at Sam's Club, 100 sheets, 8.5x11 for less than $24.00, and for inks, check out
http://private.abacus24-7.com   about $12.00 for a set of all six colors. Can't comment on archival quality, but for the majority of my work, more than adequate.
Just my 2 cents.
Fred