Re: resizing for email attachments or the web

Thanks to all for such good advise. I especially like the thought of thinking in "Pixels"
In my original email about my new Minolta A2, I should have said my next week vacation is a one week cruise to Alaska and that I use a Mac G5 and it does have a super drive so I can burn CD's and DVD's to store my images if I wish.
I did follow Emily's advise about shooting and immediately viewing the images on my Mac. I even printed a few which answered a lot of my questions. I am still stuck in thinking that I have to dry my negatives overnight and then make a contact sheet and prints the next day.

Shooting every thing in Raw is intriguing, but my Minolta manual says Raw images need to be processed with their Minolta software to use the image. I will probably do that in the future but for now I plan to download my A2 vacation images into Apples "iPhoto" for storage and then burn a DVD slide show of the best images and send them out to anyone who wants to see my Alaska pictures. A few images I will probably send with emails. If I get lucky I may even make a print for myself.

My guess is that if I shoot in raw I would not be able to use iPhoto's library to store my images. I kinda think Apples image storing programs are for Jpegs. I have two teenage daughters who shoot jpegs with their 2 Mega pixel Nikon Coolpixs and they have DVD slide shows floating all over our township.

The A2 does have a setting for making a Raw image and a jpeg image with just one click. Must be for people like me!
Thanks to all for you help,
Walter Holt

PS: I was really surprised to discover that if I shoot in the manual mode I am expected to judge the image's exposure using the LCD screen. That would be a good trick in bright sunlight!