Re: resizing for email attachments or the web

On Wed, 30 Jun 2004 08:37:24 +0100, you wrote:

>Such a basic piece of common sense yet after almost 5-y (?) of
>consumer digital imaging something that completely evades most users.
>
>Display-screens, where most people are viewing their images these
>days, work in pixels, period.

Ya, and amazingly, I don't see any grain on my monitor at 100 or so
dpi...

I still think you all would be amazed at this one image I had blown up
to 10 by 15 inches on the Fuji Frontier. The actual crop from camera
was less than 1000 pixels on the long side. No grain or pixels are
visible on the print. At viewing distance it looks like it was taken
with a 4 by 5 film camera :-)

Anyway, a full frame image the same magnification blownup would be
something like 30 by 45 inches. I want to do this one day. No labs
nearby with a Lambda though.

--
Jim Davis, Nature Photography
http://jimdavis.oberro.com/