re: Gallery review

At 0:41 -0500 6/28/04, David Dyer-Bennet wrote:
Jim Snarski -- Lani -- The direct frontal flash makes this very harsh. It also shows through the fur to the skin beneath, which you don't usually see anything like that (at least with the cats *I* know; I haven't met Lani myself, so I could be wrong). He looks to be an extremely fine beast!

hmmmmm....you must have an xray monitor because I don't see any skin showing through his fur except for what's supposed to...and as for harsh lighting, my impression of the built-in speed light on the D70 is that it does a great job..there's very little shadowing and his eyes are perfectly lit..even the pastel colours of the chair behind him are perfectly rendered...I wouldn't have done anything differently so I guess I'll just take your comments for what they're worth as one opinion since all reviews are subjective and indicative of the reviewers personal biases...you're right about one thing though....he's an extremely fine feline....

Jim
Baja Oregon