Re: Shutters :focal plane and gravity

Terry,

> On that basis, it seems reasonable to go ahead with the experiment with a 1/4
> slot to see what happens. We can then vary the slot or the aperture as
> appropriate. Of course, if we were looking looking for a perfect shot we
> would not be  using drop shutters and bits of cotton !.

Right. Exactly what I would do! Have a bit of fun with it! Since I believe you
have the possibility of testing the system you don't need to nail it on the
first try and so a bit of experimentation would be appropriate methinks.

> It would be marvellous if you could make APIS 2004 though.

What is APIS? How might I participate?

andy

Andrew Davidhazy, Professor
School of Photographic Arts and Sciences/RIT
andpph@xxxxxxx    http://www.rit.edu/~andpph