Re: PF Exhibits on Jun 26, 04

Jeff Spirer - End of the Line
- sorry, but this doesn't work for me. The idea is unclear and the photo a
bit too dark for my taste. If there were any details that really commanded
attention, this would be ok, but here...

Emily L. Ferguson - The power of suggestion
Great fun! The sand castle is much more impressive than the building in the
background, of course! On the whole, the sand castle very much reminds me of
the Tower of Bable as it's connonly depicted.
( cf.: http://www.towerofbabel.com/ )

Jim Davis - Inner Mounting Flame
maybe the best shot in this week's gallery... The foreground is perfectly
fitting and I'd never have guessed what it actually was! No need for a pipe
or any Mantras though, when you have a glass of single malt!

Pini Vollach - Sunset
others would have concentrated on yet another standard sunset, but here, the
dune clearly is the main subject.
The unusual format and the framing are interesting and somehow, the author
managed to even get the sun in exactly the right spot ("golden cut"...)  of
the new image
I'd love to see just a little more detail in the foreground... (did you try
a neutral grey filter on the sky?).

Trevor Cunningham - Life of a Daffodil
Well seen, and the stones and water are beautifully depicted. The daffodil
is a bit too small for my taste though - after all it's the subject of the
photo?

Bob Talbot - Harwell
I'd have preferred the flag pole to be a bit more to the left and the whole
picture seems to have a slight slant towards the left. Actually, the most
interesting detail for me is the child with the umbrella...

Kostas Papakotas - the kiss
Nice picture, but I'd like to see the eyes of the mother. The cap is too
prominent for my taste.

Jim Snarski - Lani
Beautiful cat with a mean look. Love the eyes and the lynx-like ears.
Personally, I'd crop a tiny bit off the right hand side.

John Palcewski - Self Portrait
nice cat - and obviously quite an artistic one! It didn't only set the
self-timer properly but also waited on three legs for exactly the right
moment!

Howard Leigh - Common frog
A very nice shot - I'd like to see more of the eye and the reflections
though. Maybe cropping off just a little bit of the bottom and left-hand
side and enlarging the picture a bit more would do the trick.
By the way, I think I remember that frogs can only see moving objects...