Re: 6x7 medium format vs digital SLR

dave6134@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> At 03:05 PM 6/18/2004 +0800, you wrote:Thanks to you all who replied
> to my questions. I'm collecting all your inputs and then our office
> will decide what to do.
>
>>Elson
>
> You also might consider a software solution, such as Photozoom or one
> of the fractal programs. With care an 18mb digital image file can make
> a surprisingly large print.

Which reminds me that nobody has mentioned the *other* software
solution -- "panorama" stitching software.  If the subject holds
still, it's fairly easy to shoot 6 or so shots (say, 2 rows of 3)
covering the subject, and then combine those into one image.

This is probably what you should try first, because it doesn't cost
anything.  (Well, some of the stitching software does, but there is
plenty that doesn't that's good enough to start with; I like the free
version of panorama factory myself).