RE: 6x7 medium format vs digital SLR

HI Elson,

IF you are going the MF route please do not get the RB. The RZ is the better of the two cameras, much more reliable, built better (especially the backs) and do not require the two step process to advance the film and cock the shutter. I worked a rental outfit here in the San Jose area for 3 years and had more probs w/ the mamiya stuff than any other system. Great cameras for most things but the RB was not one of them for rugged reliability.

Also if you ever can get your hands on one they made a really cool 37mm fisheye (full frame) that is a real blast to play with.

FWIW the digital would be the better choice. Pol film is a hassle, messy, and in a high humidity environ like PI a pain in the patoot.

The other camera that you might try on for size is the Pentax 67. 35mm style great glass, inexpensive today easy to use. Drawbacks are no multi back capability, Pols are spotty at best and They only have 1 shutter lens so that you can synch at something other than 90 sec.

Take care

Les Baldwin