Review of 2004-06-12 Gallery (top row)

jIMMY Harris
http://www.rit.edu/~andpph/gallery/jharris.html

As far as I can remember this appears to be the best photo yet, technically speaking, by Jimmy.
Everything about the interior of the car, and the bodywork have a well-lit feel about them.  The direction of the lighting is right for the image: the shadow of the wheel on the seat giving a much needed extra element.

Framing wise I guess there were some compromises?   It's a little tight to the window bottom left but acceptable: I'm guessing there might have been something bottom right that needed to be out of the frame.   The dark object top right is a minor "blemish" for me: for perfection (using digital) I'd clone that out.

Well done!

Andre Klaassen
http://www.rit.edu/~andpph/gallery/klaassen.html

Nice debut picture, shame about the url.
Everything about this shot works.  I presume the author is serious enough about this type of shot to know which seat to book at check in (?)   I only know enough to make sure my seat is looking down sun to avoid flare.

As shown it makes the wing a very inviting walkway to the clouds

Peeter Vissak
http://www.rit.edu/~andpph/gallery/vissak.html

Betula = Birch: a type of tree.
OK, the details are all complete twaddle.

What is it a picture of then?
A leaf under water, or maybe in thawing ice?

Who cares, I don't.

I like the bubbles but find the amusing twaddle dominates my interpretation of the image ....

Dan Mitchell
http://www.rit.edu/~andpph/gallery/mitchell.html

Nicely composed pastoral scene but the lighting lets it down.
The sky is oh too cyan for my taste and the light just too flat.
The tractor is definitely not sharp (motion blur or camera shake?).

Sorry, good try but a not quite image for me.

John Mason, Jr.
http://www.rit.edu/~andpph/gallery/jmason.html

Like Kostas with his landscapes, I find myself struggling to give any meaningful comment on this shot: it's just not my thing.

However, FWIW it looks to be a very well captured moment of a conductor in full flight.  He's clearly not static, motion blur of the hand giving that away.  Indeed, for me, an even longer exposure (more blur) would enhance the shot.

I like his pose and find no distracting elements in the picture.

--

Whatever you Wanadoo:
http://www.wanadoo.co.uk/time/