Re: Potential chemical issue (thanks!)

Hey Andy and the Daves,

The problem was the fixer as you guys expertly diagnosed.  Worked like a charm.  Got crystal clear negs now.  Those salvaged were two 120 rolls from my trip to England with B/W pics in the Riveau Abbey and at the Durham Cathedral.  While I was at it, I remembered another Kodak roll I had that had something similar, but much more intense (an opaque roll of gelatin with images on it).  Worked on that too!  Pics salvage there were from my sojourn in Jordan with Ummayed ruins and the fortress that TE Lawrence and his Arab rebels stayed in over the winter.  I might not have enough time to print any pictures as I'm leaving Egypt for the summer and the darkroom needs to be sealed up.  However, what better opportunity for tutorials than to break out some of those Jordan negs with the kids...can't wait.

THANKS!

dave6134@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
At 05:40 AM 6/14/2004 -0700, you wrote:
>all light areas, even between the frames, are slightly opaque or milky.

>Trevor Cunningham

Sounds like you've not got those pesky non-tarnished silver grains washed
out. Did you try using PhotoShop layers to get rid of them?

As a last resort consider mixing a stronger batch of hypo and re-fix a
frame or two. If no joy, try presoaking in plain water in case there are
unknown hardeners in your work flow.

Dave
East Englewood
"Accuracy to a newspaper is what virtue is to a lady; but a newspaper can
always print a retraction."
- Adlai Stevenson.

"The optimist believes this is the best of all possible worlds.
 The pessimist fears it's true"  - J Robert Oppenheimer

http://www.geocities.com/tr_cunningham

Do you Yahoo!?