Re: Gallery of 2004-06-05

<<<
Well, I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.  I think things are
out of whack too.  I just don't think my heirs should have to lose the value
of my work to the public domain.  The public can bloody well pay to use
my work!

Emily

Are you related to the Disney family by any chance?  ;o)

David makes a good point: the artist gets compensated for his life and (at
25y after) so do his kids.

But what of my Royalties for "Greensleeves" ... a distant ancestor wrote
it many centuries ago and people play it all the time with impunity.  But
why should someone remain fat not just just through an accident of birth
but a chain of them going back tens of generations?   I thought that was
why we were fighting the class-based society (there are close parallels).

As a basic human right - copyright is BS.  It simply did not exist in ancient
times.  Patents did not exist in ancient times (reputations were more important
then ??? maybe.  Both are relatively recent concepts (hundreds rather than
thousands of years).  Both are irrelavent in anything but a capitalist society!

B0b